Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wii and Me

We enjoyed another snow day today. I think this was the fifth day within a two-week period, but it was still fun waking up to that phone call. This would have been my third consecutive day to work out at the gym, so instead, Sarah set me up a profile on the Wii Fit Plus. It was a Christmas present for all of us, but so far, I had only watched from afar. Too lazy. Turns out, it's a lot of fun!


Luke is the champion of the Super Hula-Hoop. Sarah scored big on the Ski Jump. Lillian likes to bowl and run. Tim and I took turns trying to upset Sarah's 1st place standings, but she held on to a few. After trying about a dozen exercises, including running in place for about 15 minutes, I only burned about 180 calories. Not too effective, but I provided some inexpensive entertainment for my family :)


I think Luke and Lillian hugged me more today than they have in a long while. What a nice feeling.


This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
A happy family is but an earlier heaven. ~George Bernard Shaw

No comments: